playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Weekend With One of My Favorite Guys

I heart little old men. Let's be honest...I heart men. But, I HEART little old men.

I figured out this weekend why... I LOVE my Grandpa. He is just so cool. I wish I could share him with every one, but I'm really gonna be selfish and keep him. But I'll expound on why I love him so much.

Grandpa Bruce isn't a lecturer. His whole life is a quiet example of happiness. I watched this weekend and hopefully learned from his example. First... enjoy your children. (As this is my New Year's Resolution, I paid attention.) Second... everyone is worthy of love, and acceptance. No matter how they live(d) there life. Third... serve others. Fourth... don't take naps in bed. You will eventually die in bed. Fifth... do not fear death, everyone is going to die. (But you do have a say in the arrangements.) Sixth... enjoy yourself. Drink enough water, have a martini (or an acceptable to your life style drink) by 4:30 pm and set out bowls of chocolate around your home. Preferably where you can easily reach them, from any sitting position. Don't limit yourself, because, sooner or later your going to die... and while you may not have any regrets, you will always regret not having had enough chocolate. (He never actually said this, but I assumed...) Seventh... Even if you are full, don't pass up a hot fudge sundae. Eighth... Just don't slow down or give up.

Maybe all of this wisdom comes with age... Maybe it's just Grandpa. I'm just infinitely thankful to know this guy. He's a rock star!

2 comments:

Heather said...

So glad you got to have a weekend away, and see your Grandpa. Enjoy it! Both mine are gone:( Miss you guys. Hope we can see you soon.

Linz said...

Man, I love grandpa :) Good work going to see him. I really like Anders hair. I think it's super cute :)