playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Proud Mama...

Here's the story, and sadly because you don't get the facial expressions and sound effects, it might just come across gross instead of hilarious.

Liam is a long waker. He likes to sit in his bed for a while after waking up in the morning or from a nap. He just hangs out...inventories all of his crib stuff. "Four green blankets, still here. Blaaah the sock martian, got him. One, two, three kiki's... they all still suck fine. Better put one by the wall, and one under my pillow, in case I need it for later." The post-resting ritual can go on for upwards of twenty minutes.

I was sitting on Anders bed yesterday waiting him out, just chatting with my little men, Anders was jumping on the bed, and Liam was just sitting in his crib. My attention was split between them as Anders would say "look Mama!" and do a belly flop, or sit down. Liam was just looking around, patting his blankets... picking his nose... Out of the corner of my eye I see the finger go up the nose, and quick as a flash, go into the mouth. And yes... he got a pretty big one...

"Liam, yucky... don't eat your boogers! kkahhgggahh." (Gag, gag, gag.)

"UUUMMM, Yummy sammie. MMMMM. Slurp."

(I wish I could make "slurp" sound like it did coming out of his mouth. Imagine soup... l o n g strands of spaghetti...sssllluuurrrppp. But more of the sucking sound. This particular sound is a preschool sound. One that is used with the pretend food in the pretend kitchen. His teachers use it to encourage less mouthing of toys and more pretend eating.)

Anyway back to the story... How could I do anything but laugh? He had that LOOK OF LOVE on his face, and his come back was priceless.

So, he has had the positive response to the negative behavior, and will probably be one of THOSE men that pick their noses in their car for the rest of his life. Oh well, I guess truth be told we all still pick our noses.

At least I have a story to share with the entire world. I will definitely tell his kids about it. Probably break it out at his wedding too...

1 comment:

Linz said...

Haha! I can just see that :) They say picking your nose is hereditary. I guess Jack is screwed :)