playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Snow, Snow, Snow!!

I'm home for the weekend for my sister Julie's new baby Mya's Blessing. It's a little like a christening in other churches except no baptism, because we don't believe that babies need to be baptized. Her husband Brian gave Mya a beautiful Blessing, and because this is a big family event, pretty much everyone has come to visit. It has been really wonderful to see my family. I love hanging out with my sisters (and Kir) and my mom, who still wins hand and foot every stinking time we play...

The best part has been waking up to snow each morning. The weather man predicted 1-3 inches and really only a 40 percent chance, if that. So it was a real surprise to wake up to it. I miss the snow, and I mean the REAL stuff, not the two inches we get in Seattle occasionally. I mean the BIG snow...put a base in the mountains snow, the "how fast can we get to the resort to go boarding" kind of snow. That is the kind of snow I miss. It's also the kind of snow that makes you wonder how much milk you have on hand, because it's not worth the work to go to the store to get more.

Really the ONLY thing missing is Harley...He loved to play in the snow.

We (this is a grand we, because I was still in the house) got Daddy's tractor stuck this morning plowing the driveway so we could leave for church, and it was a pretty slippery drive. But oh so much fun. It is still snowing a little bit now as I'm writing at 6pm and we have around two feet of snow. Mom and Dad are at the airport with my brother Doug, I'm assuming that he is leaving, and that his flight has not been cancelled, we haven't heard from them.
I took pictures for my little family back in Seattle so that they could enjoy the snow too.


This was Saturday's snow. It was gone by the time the sun went down.
This was this mornings snow, I took the pictures around 10 am. We couldn't see the mountains in the distance. Sadly, not snowman snow. Just powder.

3 comments:

Hezstone said...

BEAUTIFUL..how wonderful..

Suze said...

Now I'm wishing I went with you.

Snow :(

Heather said...

Hope you had a great time. It was so good to see you guys on Thanksgiving! Wish we could get some snow here!!