playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, November 3, 2008

It's Halloween All Day Long!

This is not one of my better posts and the pictures went in backward, so bear with me...
Elleory's contribution to our Halloween feast.

Trick-or-treating at Daddy's office.


Candy, Candy, CANDY!!!

Like we needed more sugar... frosting!

Decorating Halloween Sugar Cookies.

Our Halloween was really fun this year! Elleory had the day OFF of school so we were able to start our festivities at Breakfast! We went trick-or-treating at our friends office at 11 am, went grocery shopping in our costumes, had friends over to decorate cookies. YES, I made sugar cookies from scratch, cut them AND baked them. I know, AMAZING! Then, when it was nap time, we loaded up into the car and went to Brian's office to Trick-or-Treat. Each year at Microsoft each building hosts the staff's children for Halloween, mainly because it rains every stinking year. So the kids are warm and dry and they get an AMAZING amount of candy. Liam was especially funny, He would take the candy, unwrap it and suck on it then leave it at the next person's office. We finally had to trick-or-treat for him. I think I threw away 10 suckers in one hour. He was a sticky, over sugared mess by the time we got home.

When we did get home we had our annual Halloween Feast. Enchilada Mummies, Ghostly Greens, and Veggie Bones. I'm actually going to put a recipe on the blog for the best salad dressing I've ever had, hands down... after dinner Elleory went around the neighborhood with her friend Whitley Johns and her Dad. Brian, the boys and I stayed home to hand out the Microsoft candy to all of the "friends" that came around. Brian and I went as old hippies for the evening, as I was rag-dolled out. The boys went to bed around 8, and I followed soon after. It's hard to stay up when you start your day at 5:30. We skipped our annual scary movie, which is a tradition I miss, but again, no point when your falling asleep on the couch during scriptures. Besides I wanted to watch "Watcher in the Woods" and Brian is too chicken.

The recipe for Green Goblin Dressing:

Put 1 cup packed fresh basil, 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon sugar, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in the blender and blend on high speed. Add 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil; and blend until smooth. That's it. Absolutely the best dressing I've ever had.

2 comments:

Hezstone said...

Cute...you guys look like you had way too much fun...thanks for sharing..xx

Heather said...

The kiddos look so cute! You and Brian look great too. I like the idea of indoor trick-or-treating, however I don't think my boys would go for it. I guess they're just getting too big! Miss you guys tons!