playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away

We have had an unusual fall. Not a whole lot of rain, and not a whole lot of "unusable" days. Today is one of those, however. Elleory and the boys have school off, for Veteran's Day. I made Elleory put on an hat and gloves to go outside to play today, and the boys wanted to stay inside. I'm racking my brains for something to do, cookies? Play-doh? Then I notice that Anders is conked out, so I guess I'll balance my checkbook. So much fun!

We did go up the street to the new pet store in our neighborhood. It's called '"Raining Cats and Dogs". They sell outrageously expensive small dogs, most of them mixed bred. Today they had pure bred English Bulldogs, the Male was $3500. But the one that caught my eye was the Golden Retriever-Poodle. Such a sweet little guy. Liam and the puppy kissed about 20 times, and Anders kept sticking his fingers inside the puppy's mouth. He will grow up to be BIG, and was so sweet. Only $900. Even though I'm completely in love, I remind my self about the very small yard that doesn't even serve my own children's best interests. (The money wouldn't be a problem because SURELY, I could sell one of my children.) Maybe someday... But I guess right now while we are in the middle of toddler hood, I'll just have to continue to window shop.

Elleory played with the kittens also $900 a piece. (IF we got a cat, it would definitely be the free-from-a-box-outside-a-grocery-store variety.) And Anders and Liam really enjoyed the cat jungle-gyms, and dog toys. "I want to buy this" was the comment I heard most in the store. We left without much fuss and came home to watch our current favorite movie "the Aristocats". Which reminds me...I remember Corbin telling me as a little girl, "Your not a lady, your nothin' but a sister." Which is a line from that movie.

I'm enjoying today's break, but I'm glad life will start up again tomorrow. Maybe the rain will stop so we can play outside.

1 comment:

Hezstone said...

Cute blog...such a cute idea..love ya xx