playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, May 22, 2009

Things you shouldn't do at the Temple.

By: Liam Bergholm

Hi! I'm Liam. I'm standing outside of the Seattle LDS Temple. It's a very special spot where my mom and dad took me and my brother Anders and my sister Elleory for a primary activity, so I could learn what not to do at the Temple. The Temple is Jesus' house on earth so you need to be really good, and whisper, and be respectful. HOWEVER, no one told me that Jesus has a swimming pool right outside the front door!! So COOL!
This is Anders and I checking out the swimming pool, and trying to figure out how to get in. There was some pretty tight security measures and a big garden planted around it to keep us out, but we mapped out a route. It was our Mission: Impossible.

First, I needed to take off my shirt. Even at the public pool you have to wear the proper attire. I tried twice to take off my shirt but my mom and dad kept putting it back on. I very tearfully explained to them that I was trying to choose the right and respect the pool dress code. I just really wanted to swim in the pool.


Because they were paying attention to me...Anders was successful at removing his shirt. So when mom and dad started paying attention to him, I sat in the grass and quickly removed my shoes and stared in on my pants... My mom discovered me and sent me with dad to get my clothes back on. At this point, I had to start yelling "NO! I want to get in Jesus' bathtub!"



At that point mom and dad decided it just might be best if we went home...we tried again to get into the pool, but no luck. So in order to make our rebellion complete, we removed our shirts again and swung on the statues, all the way back to the car...It was there that mom and dad discovered that they had locked the keys in the car.
It was a pretty AWESOME day. But we didn't ever get to swim in the big pool, maybe next time.





4 comments:

Linz said...

BAWHAHAHAHA!!!!! Love that. So funny. At least they knew it was Jesus' swimming pool :)

Michelle said...

LOVE IT!!!!!

Heather said...

Kate- that is classic. I loved your attitude and that you had fun with it! Those are definately two little cuties!

Valerie said...

I found your post when searching for primary missionary activity info. Just wanted to say that this is such a FUN post!