playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Only One Living Thing at a Time, Please.

I'm currently, and not on purpose, killing my house plants. I usually have an incredibly green thumb. Plants (with the exception of potatoes in my garden) do well for me. At one point in my life B.C. (before children) I actually worked as a gardener, and I only killed one begonia...over watered it. But these poor house plants... so sad, so neglected, so short on vitamin D.

First off, you have to know that EVERY TIME we buy a house plant we will, guaranteed, no kidding, move in six months. So we have been very leery of buying any plants here in Washington. So I think that maybe I'm a little out of practice with my green friends.

Second, I don't think we've actually had a plant since Elleory was born and we lived in Denver, CO. We moved from there and left all of our beautiful plants behind when Elleory was 18 months. We also had a wonderful nanny (my sweet sister Julie) in Denver, so I did get the chance to pay attention to the plants.

So here in Redmond, we have three kids, no nanny, and house plants (we bought them a year ago, so I think the curse is finally broken.) that are begging to be put out of their misery. I'm not sure there is much I can do for them except put them in the garbage. I might try them outside, but I'm a little afraid of the over watering thing, as it's springtime in Washington and has started raining again...

Also, back to that curse...What if I don't save these plants and have buy more to replace them and then six months later...

Our kids are doing really well though...Growing, healthy, happy. So maybe I should retire from houseplant keeping and just focus on my little humans for now.

So what color does that make my thumb? Flesh?

No comments: