playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Makin' His Mama Sooo Proud...


Yes, this is Anders.
Yes. this is a big gun.
No, I haven't changed my view point on guns...
But he was sooo excited about the neighbor's new toys.
I have to admit, I was kind of excited also. It's a pretty cool toy. Could it be that the Bergholm's will get into Nerf gunning? Who knows? But it seems like a good idea for Father's Day. What could be better than giving my three boys toy guns and letting them shoot each other for hours on end, out in the sunshine?
(Are these thoughts actually coming from my head? Who are you and what have you done with sensible Kate?!? I don't allow guns in my home, you gun totting, NRA supporting, redneck's daughter...)
I have to admit that it was fun playing with them at the neighbor's house, and watching the boys figure out how to run them. It's always fun to hear them laugh and scream and giggle. I'm just a little torn by the logistics and the politics of it all.
And maybe, just maybe, I need to relax and let my kids play with toy guns... But THEN where do I draw the line? Country Music? GROAN...

2 comments:

Becky said...

Kate, I miss you! =)

Linz said...

Embrace your roots. Allow guns.