playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, May 11, 2009

60 days...

I just got my renewal form for my cosmetology licence in the mail; which means three things...

1). Time to decide if I'm ready to let that go...Not quite.

2). Time to find 30 bucks to renew it.

3). ONLY 60 DAY UNTIL MY BIRTHDAY!!!

Just thought I'd give you the heads up. I'm turning 36 this year. Closer to 40 than 20. A fact which both intrigues and frightens me. Yet, I'm pretty calm about the whole thing.
This means that:

1). I'm old enough to know better. (Darn it!)

2). My neck is going to start looking more like a turkey's than a baby's bottom.

3). I'm in the exact spot I'd like to be.

This is when I start planning my "New Year's Resolutions". Really, I'll spare you the details, but good changes are coming...

NOW FOR THE SHALLOW (read: planning) PORTION OF THE BLOG POST:

I'm going to be home (in Colorado) for my birthday again this year. Yay! There are two concerts I'd like to attend. (I don't need to do both, either would be good.) The Wallflowers on the 21 of July, and The Counting Crows on the 29 of July. I don't really want to go alone, but I will. I'm going to need babysitters, and concert goers...Any takers?

I'd also LOVE to have dinner with my Whole family.

As you know, I'm a planner... I like to make sure all of my ducks are waddling along in the correct rows. There is, after all, only 60 days left...

3 comments:

diana said...

I would love to be home for your birthday, but I don't know how that will work out yet. Because of the whole "money" situation.
The quilt is for Julie's birthday, as she was the only one who said that she wants one. So, I am making her one for her birthday. I can do one for your birthday, I just need to know colors that are good and colors that are bad. Otherwise you might just get a quilt that has tractors or something.

Linz said...

I've seen Counting Crows and I was depressed for like 9 days afterward, so no to them. Yes to Wallflowers. I volunteer Jay to babysit.

(P.S. My word verification below is schlutsm. Say that 10 times fast :))

the Geoff Davis said...

Hey Katie! I'll be in Colorado at the same time you will!!! I was hoping to see you with some stroke of luck while there. I'm not sure exactly when we'll be there but for about 10 days mid-July at my dad's house in Castle Rock. Let's make sure to stay in contact when the time gets closer. Maybe once we set up a phone number I'll email it to you and we'll see if we can go to lunch or something. It is so fun reading your blog now and again. You are so fun. I miss you. Darcie