playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Light at the End of the Tunnel...

Or: A Very Good Day.


Brian is at Youth Conference this weekend. Luckily, he is home at night, but that leaves another day in which to entertain kiddos.

Because I MUST smoke crack, (not really, but it's a great way to say I'm crazy) I decided to try the movies today. I'm sure you are aware that OUR children and movies generally don't mix. (Elleory being the shinning exception.)

We have turned a corner, today, a huge corner!!!

Our so cute, darling, sweet boys sat through an entire movie!!! I feel like there is hope! I feel way less tied down. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! I feel like if I keep up the accolades, the universe will start laughing and prove me wrong...I am ever superstitious.

I'm almost hoping that now potty training might be in the future, but I'm still not going to hold my breath. Someday soon we will not only be a household with no cribs, but a household with no diapers, who can (reasonably) sit through a movie, (because with diapers there is no need for a potty break...) and GASP, maybe even an hour of church. (They actually can do this but we have been having a bit of trouble in the last couple of weeks. Maybe they need new church toys?)

I'm so happy to be having this day! Just when I've been feeling like everyone's kids grow up, but mine remain perpetually babies.

Hope, Hope, Hope... it's such a bright shiny thing!

2 comments:

melanie said...

AWESOME! I love the movies and think it's so fun to go. Yay for the boys seeng the light!

Linz said...

Sounds like a huge leap of progress! Congratulations :)