playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, January 30, 2009

Sounding Educated

Believe it or not, Anders is now dealing with some of the same asthma stuff that Elleory dealt with earlier this winter. Thank goodness, we have not been to the hospital with him; we caught it very early. He is having a breathing treatment every 4 hours, and one dose of a steroid a day. This kid is flyin'... The upside is he's eating, just about every thing he can get into his mouth. The downside is he is having a hard time controlling his little body and falling asleep. But once he's asleep, he's out for the night. He is even sleeping through his treatments at night. Which, in the grand scheme of things is really wonderful because I can then fall right back to sleep also.

I have had a conference with his doctor every day now for three days. Let me tell ya...there is nothing better than sounding educated when you are talking to a professional. I love it.
"Yes, Doctor. Anders is breathing much easier, the Dexamethasone is working, but he is still pulling with his auxiliary muscles when he is breathing." I sound like I know what I'm talking about! Which truth be told, I'm totally quoting things I've heard on E.R. and hoping I don't sound ridiculous. I do however know what I'm talking about because I've been listening AND paying attention at the hospital, AND the doctor's office, AND reading up on the subject. It's amazing what you can do when you (can) pay attention.

It's nice to sound intelligent, every once in a while.

1 comment:

Linz said...

I think you should start watching Grey's Anatomy. I have learned so much! :) I always like talking to the Dr. when I know what I am talking about. I like to amaze them. Ha!