playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Kiki

I'm struggling to cope with life.

Before you all start to worry, I'm actually fine. I don't need a prescription for Prozac or Valium. I don't even need a therapist for this. Just a little panic button pushing.

I've lost my Kiki. That's what all of my kids have called their pacifiers. I have a Kiki... it's electric blue, and holds everything I need to hear, read, enjoy, watch, view... My Kiki's hard drive went out and I had to send it to some unknown location in Texas by FedEx to have it repaired. It's thankfully under warranty. I check my email each day for a progress report; arrived at destination, check. Reviewed by repair guy, check. Repair guy makes repair, check. Kiki shipped back home, check. Relaxing, breathing easier...

Will arrive in 3-5 business days. Aaarrrggg!!!

It's a weekend, FedEx delivers on the weekends right?!? NO!!! I'm almost ready to curl up into a ball under my dining room table like my three-year-old does to try to pull myself back together. Doesn't someone at the repair place realize I'm trying to train for a 10k? Don't they know that the gym is horribly boring with out access to the TV/radio channels?!? Don't they know that I'm really not attached to anything else remotely mechanical?!? Doesn't anyone care that I also gave up diet coke this week?!? PANIC...

oh, and I have to be home to sign for it when it does arrive.

MORE PANIC... don't they realize I have a life?!? This leads me to the most vital question...What will I do when I have to cross the prairie to join the saints in Zion and I can't recharge it because I don't have electricity and it runs out after only six hours of musical enjoyment? OR more importantly...what if my actual computer hard drive fails, or the world Internet goes down and I can't PUT anything else into it and I have to listen to what I have for the rest of my life?

PANIC BUTTON...

All of this over my Zune. Which I love, by the way.

I guess when the economy is a little better, I'll buy a back-up. Motherhood has taught me the value of a back up Kiki. I guess Uncle Bill is trying to teach me a lesson as well, back-up, back-up, back-up. President Hinckley also was trying to teach me a lesson when he said "Save a little something for a rainy day".... it's raining!

Really, I'm OK.

1 comment:

Linz said...

Tragedy. Truly. You may need a spa day to help recuperate after it returns. I can help convince Brian if you need me to :)