playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, August 18, 2008

I need an ice cream phone

I'm sitting trying to think of what to write, and I have Anders sitting at my elbow saying "I need an ice cream phone." He has probably said it six times in two minutes. It's pretty cold today and I don't feel like an ice cream phone, so I'm not hopping right up to provide one for the little man. Shouldn't Blue's Clues be sufficient??? Geez! Then I remember he didn't eat lunch. I made it for him, he turned it down. I'm not sure ice cream is appropriate right now. How to get some protein into him...hmmm.

ANYWAY, big news at the Bergholm House. Brian was called to serve as the second counselor in the bishopric at church this last week (Wednesday night) and was sustained and set apart yesterday. I'm really happy for him, I know he is totally freaking out, but I have faith that he will do a great job, and that we will be fine sitting all alone at church. Probably not my biggest concern, but it seems to be the ward's biggest concern for our family. I think his first day went pretty well. He did say we would need to buy some new white shirts and possibly a new suit for him. Maybe I should get some new clothes too. Sounds fair.

We have two weeks left of summer vacation. I'm getting to the end of my "things to do with my children" list. I have a few left, big things, art museum, IKEA, stuff like that. I'm totally looking forward to the cool weather, but not the rain. Halloween is just around the corner!! My kids have it off of school, AND it's on a Friday! How cool is that? If we had a bigger house, we would probably have a party. We'll come up with something fun and cool. It's the best holiday ever, so...

I guess we're off to get that ice cream phone, after we eat some orange cheese.

2 comments:

Linz said...

Brian will be great in the bishopric :) I am excited for you guys :)

Heather said...

Congratulations to Brian- he will be amazing! Can't wait to call Brett on his lunch break to tell him! Miss you guys!