playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Childhood Nostalgia

Remember shrinky-dinks? I found some at a craft store at the beginning of the summer, and put them away for a "rainy day". Well it's not raining today, actually it's really beautiful, but no one is available to play. TRAGEDY!! So out they came from the closet. We are going on the second hour of fun as I type. I've made the coolest key chain possible for my keys, and Anders is yelling "AWESOME" to everything. Elleory is coming up with some cute things for her friends, and for a scrapbook. Who knew that something we did as kids maybe once (I not even sure I did it at home) could be so entertaining to my kids today? It doesn't even have an annoying soundtrack to back it up! Maybe I could introduce Kick the Can to the neighborhood kids, we had hours of fun with that. I'm not sure I remember how to play it though.

2 comments:

Linz said...

I don't remember those. The kids born in the 80's really missed out on stuff....However, we did have Rainbow Brite and Jem and the Holograms, so I guess we're even :)

P.S. Good job on your playlist! Now we just need to get Julie to do a blog.

diana said...

I never did shrinky dinks. Do you remember your potholder knitty thing? I saw one the other day. Whatever happened to playing British bulldog and Ghost in the graveyard? Even cooler after dark with the lights on outside. Capture the flag was good also. Of course I never got to do anything but guard the flag. Ha!