playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween 2009 or The Year of the Back-up.

This is the costume Liam was dead set on having this year. Corduroy, the bear dresses up as a ghost in Liam's favorite book, so if you'd have asked him on any given day what he was going as for Halloween, he would say " A Ghost!" Halloween day rolls around...Liam goes out the door as a dragon...from last year. Nothing like the back-up costume.
Anders continues to impress us with how savvy he really is...His back-up costume was a Red Neck. He totally looks the part, does he not? Don't worry...it's root beer. He was planning on being Spider Man for the whole of the month, but didn't like the way the muscles felt. I bought the costume at a garage sale, so I couldn't take it back...Thank goodness for the back-up costume.
Elleory went as Wednesday Adams. Everything but the tights came from her own closet. I hope she isn't cold while she is out Trick or Treating with her friends...WITHOUT her Mom and Dad this year. She is getting so old! No need for a back-up costume!!
Brian went as a Dentist. He actually would meet the kiddos at the door with floss and toothbrushes...very funny to see their faces. Then he'd yell "just JOKING!" and hand them candy. Pretty good TRICK! Brian pulls a costume out of his hat every year. I always worry about him , and I shouldn't!

I have a 15 year span of back-up costumes, and this year...was the year of the store bought costume. Thank goodness for Target...I found a Lady Bug costume. It wasn't that I was been lazy, (but I was), I want to go as Pink, but in the end just couldn't pull it together.
My Lady Bug costume had wings, but I kept knocking things off the counter, so I took them off. It also came with polka dot stockings, but I was cold and need my leggings and boots to keep me warm. I thought it was pretty cute. I might just do store bought every year from now on....probably not.
I will be thinking of my next year's costume in the next couple of weeks, when the Halloween shine has worn off and I'm left with the gloom of Christmas...

5 comments:

Linz said...

Very impressive! Love the lady bug :) Jay and I were rockers...again. You can't beat the back up costume :)

Lisa said...

Great costumes! Love the wife beater, that was very redneck. I'm not much for dressing up, I find I'm very frightening just as I am.

Heather said...

I loved Elleory as Wednesday Adams- how creative. My boys were so undecisive this year- thank heavens for Wal*Mart! Miss you guys tons!

Kir said...

Ah, the gloom of Christmas! REALLY?? I love Christmas!

Suze said...

Awesome costumes. Red Neck? Really? OMIGOSH!

Liam's was hilarious and Ellory looked to darn cute to be Wednesday.

Brian always amazes me. He needs to loosen up around me or I'll start to think that he has a split personallity. I loved his costume and trick ;)

And of course you looked HOT as a ladybug.