playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

More Sentimental Journeying

My buddy Dontje, the guy I sat next to at my high school graduation, and brother to my friend Micah.


As you read in a previous post, I lost one of my lifelong friends, Micah, in May. I was so lucky to be able to attend his Life celebration in July. It was an odd situation in a way. I kept looking for him, even though I knew he wasn't in attendance. He was and probably will be forever missed.

I ran into people there that I've know my whole life. (My soccer coach from grade school. We had a great conversation about our mutual love of running.) People I was glad to see again, and people I just plain love. It was quite possibly the best party I've been to since...I can't remember when. I hope when I die, someone will put a kegger together for me with really great music (I have my play list started on my Zune, under funeral music, oddly enough...)chocolate chip cookies, and yard games. Maybe even an open mike for karaoke or just sentimental yammering... wouldn't that be a blast?

This all brings a confusing quandary into sharp focus for me. I'm forever trying to figure out why I'm homesick for wherever I'm not. I finally figured it out... It will never matter where I live, I will always miss the people I've left behind, and I'm really grateful that they remember me and love me back. So to every one I love, and if you're reading this, it's you... I love you and I miss you. I hope to see you again soon, AND your invited to my kegger!

2 comments:

Suze said...

I'll be the one getting the Karaoke started ;)

Linz said...

I'll make sure you have your vampire teeth in :)