playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, March 23, 2009

Gardening Dilemma

Our garden 2006
A very good year.
It's time to start our garden. The frost is starting to be less frequent and the plants that can handle it are asking to be put out so they can grow. I'm starting to consider the what's and where's. I'm getting antsy for the process.


ON THE OTHER HAND...


We are leaving our garden for the whole month of July. What is the point of all of the sweat and prayers if the neighborhood kid is going to forget to water? Maybe I'm getting lazy or cynical, or (gasp) BOTH...


So here it is the dilemma... to garden or not.


Funny, but I'm not having this internal debate over the flowers.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I've wanted to do a garden for years- but the same dilemma. We are gone so much of the summer- it would require someone else tending to it- doesn't that somehow take away the joy of it?? I sure would love fresh tomatoes anytime though! Miss you guys!

Amy V said...

Let Shawn come and help you, I am sure he would love the extra space, and then he could possibly take care of it while you are gone. or, our favorite neighbors could help themselves...

melanie said...

GARDEN! Maybe you could leave treats for the neighbor kids to motivate them to water the garden. It always worked for me as a kid!