playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, June 25, 2010

Thoughts About Burning Buildings.

Stockholm Syndrome....

I have these on-going rambling thoughts that occupy my mind space and keep me amused for hours on end. Here is today's thought. It all started while I was BORED STIFF putting laundry away.

I have this black hoodie that I LOVE. It is my "go to" hoodie. I've even (gasp) worn it to church. I got it at CHEZ TARGET about a year and a half ago. $19.99...worth every cent. This hoodie has a HUGE hole under BOTH arms now. (Big enough to put my whole arm into...I know because that's how I discovered this "hole" mess, excuse the pun...) Irreparable. It is a sad, sad day...

So, this is where the thinking comes in. Now keep in mind, that this is pure ramble...only because I know people who have lost everything (including family) in a fire, so this is a stupid "what if". HOWEVER, this hoodie is THE thing I would brave running into a burning building to save. Of course that is because everything else is out of the fire...family, pets, pictures, family history. etc... So thinking on the purely ridiculous side of this mock disaster, what would you save from a burning building?

Your response must be ridiculous...because you've saved everything important at this point and now you are down to comfort items. What would it be?

The reason for this ramble is two fold...
1). because I'm at a lost as to where and how to replace this hoodie.
2). because I'm mourning a little and it's just a THING.

I'm fairly certain that I'll be able to find a black hoodie that can replace this hoodie, that was in reality a replacement for the original black hoodie...that I would have originally run into a burning building to save.

I should be fine...soon.

6 comments:

Kate said...

P.S. I'd go in for my running shoes as well...

Heather said...

I guess if everything important was safe- I'd have to go in for my running shoes also. They are the most expensive clothing item I own. Plus I really, really love them :) Then maybe my down comforter! Can't live without it!

Lisa said...

Tough one since you've already saved all the important stuff. I don't know that I LOVE anything that much. Now if we are talking loathing, I'd run back in and toss my hubbies iphone in the fire. ;)

Linz said...

Hmmm, my OU blanket and my pink polka dot heels :) Ridiculous enough?

Melanie said...

I would have to go with my favorite pair of flip flops. I am not sure there has been a day this year that I haven't had them on my feet at least once. They are 4 years old now and really need to be replaced. The new ones I have for that purpose just don't make the cut:) Thanks for your random thoughts......

Mom said...

Well, of course, my down bathrobe but you probably already know that one. :)