playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Lake Powell: The Pictures...

Anders, Elleory and Liam on a boat cruise with Grandpa Gary and Brian. We call these little excursions "Snooze Cruises", because ultimately...a nap is the whole reason for the wandering around the lake in the middle of the day. Generally the temperature is HOT by that time. Heat induced nap, LOVELY.
Our family photographer, Anders. He takes very good pictures. Brian on top of the houseboat, probably being the Liam life guard. Liam was perpetually hanging off of something, over the lake, or trying to kill himself in one way or another. I really hope this phase doesn't last.
Anders continues to amaze me with his "recovery". Last year he would barely get into the water, this year we couldn't keep him out. It's a great deal, and I'm very proud. Lake Powell is a sensory overload for him and he is so happy. Every thing goes so fast, and is BIG, and he just loves it. This year he discovered jumping the wakes on the wave-runners, and the ION. Each time he got on anything his first words were "are we gonna go fast?" So love that we are getting out of the scared of everything stage. ALSO...He went poop on the potty in the houseboat, a first for him. YAY!
This is me, in a swimsuit, on the blog, again... I had the award winning fall this year. Just barely pushing my sister Lindsay out of the spot. (She had basically the same fall) I was crossing the wake, and trying to figure out how to turn and jump, when the nose of the board got sucked under. I hit my face hard on the water, and lost the board. Thankfully, the only water I breathed was the stuff that got forced into my nose by the hit. My smack on the water was loud, and I actually lost my bottoms. (This is the reason I got the award...) I did want to get right back up again, but I was pretty certain that I'd broken my nose. I had Brian Jr. take me home for ice, Advil and a nap... This was the next attempt, the next day, and me being very cautious (only slightly more cautious than normal)... which is sad, because these are the only pictures I got of me wake boarding this year.
Another Anders shot. We are looking forward to next year.

1 comment:

Hezstone said...

HOw fun! You guys look great! So nice to have such a fun vacation together and a place to create wonderful memories! I got your messages..and yes we need to have a chat, email me and we will get together..on the phone. :-)