playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, April 13, 2009

And the Answer is...

no good. They were up to 'no good'!

I have a strange, yet very fulfilling, love affair with plastic boxes. All shapes and sizes and brands for that matter. If it comes in plastic I love it! It's a little like a friend of mine who loves women...doesn't matter what shape, size, color, age... if she a woman, he loves her. I love that those plastic boxes are the key to my sanity, my true well being. They genuinely embrace my O.C.D. and still love me back. They say to me, "Bring me your messes, your loose ends, throw them into me and I will comfort you knowing that everything has a place. Nothing will haunt you in the night by crying out, 'I have no place to be'! I love you because you understand me, and you use me." (This is all said with a smooth Italian accent, because plastic boxes are sexy to me that way.)

My wild sons were abusing those wonderful plastic boxes. There were up to no good. Each CRASH was a poor box being emptied onto the floor, behind the headboard of their bed. Trains, Lego's, Crayons, Matchbox Cars... pretty much everything I had painstakingly sorted and stored away into those beautiful boxes, and put onto the shelves (oh those shelves...) in the closet. (I won't go into how I feel about well planned closets...)

We've been so devastated by the willful destruction, (those darling boxes and I) we've done nothing to clean up. We figure, the best answer to give to those boys right now is "I'm sorry you threw your cars behind your bed, I can't reach them right now. You'll have to find something else to play with." Eventually, when I have a strong husband home to help me move the bed I will fill up all of those lovely plastic boxes again with the tossed toys, and we (the boxes and I) will feel better knowing, that everything is in it place, and that they, the boxes, will be fulfilling the measure of their very creation.

SIGH....

7 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, the willing destruction of everything we hold dear!

melanie said...

Isn't there a saying about cleaning your house when you have kids is like shoveling snow while it's snowing.

I do love a good tupperware/plastic box though. I try to stick with the same brand, same size as to create solid stacking abilities.

Michelle said...

I completely understand... I have my own plastic box collection where I store my fabric. The boxes and I are both happy... and so is the fabric...

diana said...

I guess that I am not the only Johnson child with near crippling OCD! HaHa! Mine comes in the form of perfectly organized bookshelves. First by author, then if they are a series, and the worst, by color. Piper and Natalie have a set of books that are rainbow colored, and they have to be on the shelf in perfect rainbow order, with the spines aligned.
I too, have an issue with well organized plastic boxes:)

Delise said...

I too have a love affair with plastic boxes and bins...although mine do not have am Italian accent, need to get a different kind for sure!! You crack me up!

Linz said...

I guess I don't understand the love of plastic boxes...however, I completely get the italian accent/italian hot guy thing :)

melanie said...

Are you on blog-vacation or something?