playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Best in Show

With only 6 days left until THE BIG DAY, we had our costume trial run tonight at our ward Fall Festival, (read Halloween Party). Brian, who never dresses up willingly, complied beautiful this year and as a result, won the most original costume in the contest. We were going for Gandalf (Lord of the Rings)because we found the perfect stick on a walk in the woods, but I just never found the exact right wig, so at the last minute we changed it to Moses, who also carries a big stick. He was a total hoot. For a guy who never dresses up, he sure plays the part well.



We also had Jay with us,
our Brother-in-law, also a non-dresseser-upper. That just doesn't go over in my house, so, we set him up with pirate clothes. There is NO WAY someone in our scope of influence won't dress up for a Halloween party. He played along nicely.

The rest of us looked fabulous, but we didn't even score honorable mention. Anders and Liam went as DRAGONS, Liam in full regalia, Anders headless. Elleory was a PIRATE PRINCESS, she looked really great!



I went as a rag doll. It's a funny story about the dress, which is the inspiration for the whole costume. I found it at the Gap on the clearance rack and I loved it. It was $8.97, so I just grabbed it. I didn't try it on in the store. I had my little entourage, and it just wasn't going to happen. SO, I got home, put the kids to bed, and then tried it on... FAT LADY IN THE CIRCUS!!! I just burst out laughing and started to plan my costume then and there. I might do some re-working on it after Halloween, because I still really like the dress. It just needs to be a different color, or something.
Anyway, there will be more pictures after Halloween. Congratulations to Moses.

3 comments:

Linz said...

Very cute! Thanks for dressing up my husband :) Hot pirate. A ton more original than I would have come up with this year :) I wish we could have been up there, Jack is a dragon too. It would have been fun to have all three of them together. Oh well. Maybe next year :)

PS.. you do look really skinny. Even in the circus dress :)

Suze said...

You look ADORABLE!!! I can't believe Brian's outfit. I was like, "Did he go as Moses, I though he was going as Gandalf" and then I read your blog. HA! Too funny! The kids looked adorable too. I love the twin dragons and Ellie is too cute as the Pirate Princess. I can't wait to see you guys on Friday.....oh ya did I mention I'm crashing your house that day? he he

Oh and something else that's funny....my word verification is: hairry! HA HA

melanie said...

You are creative - that's for sures. I'm still lame and never dress up. :)