playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, October 24, 2011

My Alternate Reality...

I am not a silly woman, nor am I a dumb blond. However, I've noticed that I have started doing really stupid things.  The following story is just an example...

I use my phone for just about everything, calendar, alarm clock, music, movies etc... Every night I set the alarm labeled (I'm in now way kidding) "GET UP AND RUN".  Usually it's set for somewhere between 4 AM and 6 AM.  Some mornings I hop right out of bed and get going. Other mornings I hit snooze.  This morning was not a hop up morning, and not a snooze morning it was a...something in between morning.  Here's how the scenario plays out...

Beep beep beep... fumble, fumble, fumble...finally off. I tapped the off button probably six times, and finally that obnoxious noise stops.

Mr. Bergholm says, more to his pillow than to me,"You are not going running.  It's pouring down rain."

I say "  I don't hear rain, you're just hearing the fan."

He says " Nope, I can hear it falling on the roof."

I say "It can't be raining, my phone said it would be clear." 

Mr Bergholm "It's raining..."

At this point I sit up and hit the Weather Channel app and shove it into his face (bright light and all) and say " See!?!  Clear!  It's not raining... the little moon doesn't have clouds on it!"

He says " Honey... get up...out of bed and look outside." 

I huff, throw the covers off and leave my warm bed.  I'm muttering to myself the whole way down the stairs 'I'm going to prove you wrong buddy and your gonna have 10 minute to find your running gear and your coming outside, in the clear night, to run with me, just because my phone is right, and so am I!'

I open the front door to rain...pouring rain.  Not just a drizzle, POURING RAIN.  Mr. Bergholm was right, not my super phone.  I was stunned, amazed...flabbergasted. I opened the Weather Channel app and there it was...a bright moon with no clouds covering it, with a big 44 degrees right under it.  I go to the next page, where it shows the hourly weather.  There it is again, a big beautiful moon...no clouds.  I look up and out the door and there is STILL rain pouring out of the sky. 

I re-set my alarm, walk up my stairs, crawl back into bed and say nothing. Mr. Bergholm has the covers over his head.  No comment from him.  Oh, he was not asleep...he was not giggling...he was probably wondering where his smart wife went and who was this dumb chick in bed with him!

Maybe I ought to leave the weather forecasting to the old American Indian method..."If the rock is wet...it's raining."

P.S.  When I woke up one hour later and walked out of the house to go to the gym to see my Personal Trainer, there was not a cloud in the sky...stars everywhere, and it was colder than 44 degrees.

2 comments:

Kir said...

Phones and weather dudes lie all the time! They really have no idea at all! But hey, nice warm bed is a blessing!

Paragon Auto Transport Blog said...

Good post